We are looking for an experienced accountant or bookkeeper to support the Green Community Centre with its financial management. The tasks in this role vary from processing income and payments in our finance system and managing the balance-sheet to preparing summary financial reports for our board. This is a flexible part-time role of approximately 1 day a week. It would suit someone comfortable with using finance systems, preferably QuickBooks. Pay is up to £20 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Ideal candidate will have a finance qualification, be partly qualified or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience of working as a bookkeeper, with practical finance experience. You will have a good knowledge of finance systems such as QuickBooks, Excel, and be confident dealing with people. You will also have strong communications skills and be comfortable multi-tasking. If you believe you have these skills, please apply.
To apply please send us your CV and a brief statement outlining why you are suitable for the job, along with the Equal opportunities form, to Jasmin Bukic, centre manager email@example.com by 10:00 am on 18th February 2019. Please note, we will only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates, so if you have not heard from us by 21st February presume your application unsuccessful.
Main Job Duties:
- Recording financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Maintaining balance sheet ledgers
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as required
- Credit control
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with debt controls
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Matching transactions in QB and completing bank reconciliations
- Preparing reports for the finance sub-committee and the board
- Monitoring actuals versus budgets
- Payroll processing
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
- Working knowledge of accounting systems, preferably QuickBooks
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good communication skills