Discover the regular classes and activities that are taking place at The Green. You’ll find a full description and pricing information, plus links to further information.
Click on the events below for more information. You can use the category button to select a certain type of events and change the layout of the calendar using the drop down menu on the top right.
New Wave TKD has been providing quality Taekwondo instruction in Nunhead for over 20 years. In that time we have produced National Champions in both Forms and Sparring Competitions. Our students have successfully competed in countries as far a field as Belgium, Germany and the USA.
Note: Taekwondo is practiced bare footed and beginners are required to wear jogging bottoms and T-shirt/ sweatshirt whilst attending classes for the first month.
Please contact us for further information!!
Dynamic yoga flow to get the heart rate up and juicy long stretches too, yin and yang. Classes designed to create flexibility, as well as mobility and strength. Great to supplement other forms of training (cycling, running, cross fit) or just to move better through everyday life. Contact me to book your mat, space is limited. All props provided.
Learn to defend yourself. Get confident. Get fighting fit.
‘Krav Maga’ is Hebrew for ‘Contact Combat’. Krav Maga is a direct, simple and efficient self-defence system that anyone can learn, regardless of size, gender or age. Our 90-minute training sessions cover warm up, flexibility, fitness and technique. We are part of the FEKM federation with over 16,000 students in 11 countries. You will be coached by our professional instructors in a safe but challenging training environment. Send us an email and come for your first class as our guest. Bring a T-shirt, long track pants and water bottle and get ready to learn powerful self-defence skills for life.
Ready for the challenge?
Improve your posture, balance and mobility with our free chair based fitness class for 50+.
Under 50’s welcomed!
What we do
- It’s a really fun dance to pop and RnB tunes with other mums and their babies! – There’s also coffee / lunch after each class so you can get to know other mums and your instructor
- Your baby is your dance partner – The gentle movements and music will soothe and entertain your baby, and it can deepen your bond with your little one
- You don’t have to be a pro – No dance experience required
- It’s good for your body and mind – Yes, ‘baby brain’ is a thing – but gentle exercise and learning the dances will not only keep your body fit but will keep you sane!
- You’re in safe hands – Your instructor, Veronika, is not only a professional dance teacher but also a baby-carrying consultant who has extensive experience with babies
- Benefits to post-partum depression and ‘baby blues’ – Light exercise and music have proven to alleviate postpartum depressive symptoms and to generally improve your mood through exercise, whilst also getting to know other new parents.
- The classes are an hour long, where you learn a different dance each week.
- The classes are suitable for mums 6 weeks post-delivery or 12 weeks post C-Section.
- Dads are more than welcome too!
- Wear comfortable footwear and clothing for you and your little one.
- Bring a drink to keep yourself hydrated.
- Bring a 2-shoulder baby carrier with you – spare baby carriers are available if you don’t have one.
- Siblings welcome – please bring toys to keep them entertained.
- Trial class – please come 15mins earlier that we can have a chat and to look at your carrier.
- Trial class – £7
- Monthly courses – £48
- Classes running all year round (except Christmas)
Single entry – £14
ARC Dance Academy London’s fun and friendly ballet, contemporary and creative dance classes for children ages 4 up, taught by ex-professional dancers.
ARC Contemporary classes build on the foundations of technique from ARC 1 which are essential for further development in contemporary dance. A lot of emphasis on exploring different ways to travel across the space, move with intention, use the weight of the body and find more fluidity, strength and ease in movement are incorporated through challenging fun exercises. Students will also work further on developing their own creative dialogue using the skills they have learned. This helps them to find a creative ‘voice’ which is an essential tool for any young dancer and also aides in other areas of the child’s development at school.
Please be in touch for more information and for us to explain the correct class for your child’s ability and age – firstname.lastname@example.org
For all our other classes please look at our website www.arcdanceacademy.co